Thursday, 6 February 2014

Update for you guys:

A few days ago I promised I would return, well here I am, some of my post won't be long, but I will be here.

I have heard good news today that my book will now be available in print, anyone excited about this, I know I am. Cannot wait to see it in print. Hold it in my hands, I will post a pic of the new one when I receive it. For now here is me with the old one. I am not a fan of my picture being taken, but here it is anyway.


I knows its not a great picture, I hate having it done, but here I am holding the original book that was created with my first publisher. Now I have a UK based one and well as soon as I have my hands on it, I will upload it. Hopefully looking a tad thinner, well one can wish....hee hee

Here is the new cover design:
 
created and updated by Karabeth publishing, original image by Sharon Brock.

Blurb
I spot my mother's car approaching me. I see her wave, and smile as our eyes lock. Then as if slow motion, the most horrific scene plays out before my eyes. The van switches lanes once again right into my mother's path. The look on her face as she steps on the brakes shows she has realised it's too late, the car ploughs into the van at such speed she has no time to react. I watch in horror as my mother flies forward. I close my eyes and crumble to the floor, shielding my vision, not wanting to see the scene continue to play out. Hearing metal on metal as screams fill the air it's then I realise it's me who is screaming. 

My name is Debbie Conway, I am thirteen years old and from the day I witnessed my mother's death I could think of little else. To ease my pain, I spent more time in my dream world, in the arms of Joshua Lawson, the guy from the poster above my bed, and starring in my favorite T.V show, Victor. 

Meet my best friend Wendy, former best friend and school bully Karen and a boy who will confuse my love for Joshua Lawson, Mark Hobson. He's a new student from America, whose accent alone sends shivers up and down my spine.


No comments:

Post a Comment