Friday, 31 May 2013

Update of WIP

Things are going well, I am currently over half way done.  I hear you cry, please post another snippet. So I will of course do just that.

This is from chapter 6, flashbacks, and in the POV of the character Karen Langley.

---

I opened my mouth to speak, how dare she speak to me, Karen Langley like that.  As if I would sink so low to have my nose fixed, besides there is nothing wrong with it.  I glared at her as she slammed the door shut.  I shook my head, Debbie Conway was unbelievable, and being told to be nice to her, not so much by my parents, but by the teachers.  Give her some slack, because her mother died.  Boo hoo.  Poor Debbie.  I don’t understand why so many people liked her. What made her so special? Okay, yes, she was once my best friend, but now she was just so plain and boring.  Her clothes looked like they came from local second hand shop, most likely were.
 Some things may have come from my favourite place, Jacobs, but unlike me, I can afford the designer gear.  Poor Debbie has to make do with the bargain range, or when things go on sale. Give her slack; no way was I doing that.  Ever.

No, she was not getting the better of me; I tilted my head and stared at my reflection in the glass. What the hell is that?  I leaned forward, peering at myself.  Had that been the reason for Debbie’s comment? I turned to face my friends.  The look on their faces told me what I already knew.  I had my first spot, and by the look of it, it was huge.  I placed a smile on my face, as if I had no idea it was there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment